The recent outbreak of the novel Corona virus (COVID-19) has led both the University of Twente and the BMS lab to take measures to help contain the virus. Part of these measures is the emphasize on the proper following of the hygiene protocols found below. A second set of measures is intended to limit the exposure to other people. These include limited availability of the BMS lab. Read more about the measures and the hygiene protocols below and on the University of Twente’s most recent policies on their page.
This page was updated on the 25th of March 2020 at 15:30 H.
- Physical spaces of the BMS lab will remain closed until further notice.
- Research using the BMS lab equipment is possible, but only after consulting the BMS lab.
- Following hygiene protocols when using and returning equipment has become even more important.
- 18th of March: Closure of the Cubicus building means the BMS lab can no longer loan out or accept back loaned out equipment. Appointments made for this week will need to be rescheduled. Updates will follow.
- 25th of March: Digital infrastructure of the BMS lab will remain available. Physical spaces remain closed. Use of equipment will be possible in a lot of cases after consultation with lab personel.
Opening hours and use of equipment
The Digital services of the BMS lab are fully operational. This encompasses anything from consultation and advice, to the use of our apps and software. Using and returning the BMS lab equipment has again become possible. The physical lab spaces are however still closed. Lending or returning equipment is possible again, but only by following a special protocol and with a limited capacity. This protocol includes additional care for hygiene and measures against the spread of the corona virus in line with the guidelines of the Dutch government. Get in contact with the BMS lab or your supervisor to learn more and to schedule an appointment.
The protocols and instructions concerning hygiene are posted below. Following these protocols is both emphasized and mandatory. Please take the additional research protocols, like social distancing and hygiene into account when continuing your research in any form.
- Mandatory instructions regarding to the use of BMS lab facilities or equipment (including the participation in experiments)
Equipment specific protocols
We are happy to help. Visit or contact the lab.