Before you can create items, you should have created the module in which the items are created.
To create an item go to the modules page, open your module and go to content items. Select the item type you want to create, for CC we use ‘number choice’ with a scale of 1 to 7 because the questions are pre-determined. This will open a preview screen in which you can fill in the details for this item on the left. You can give your item a label, this is the name of your item that will appear in the metrics and data download. If you do not give your item a label the full statement text will appear as a name in the data download instead.
The right screen is is to get an idea about how the item will look like for the participant.
Click on save.
Another possibility is to upload questions to your module with a CSV file. If you want to make the same module in another study, you can download the questions and upload it, this will add all the questions to the module.
There are many different Item Types you can choose from. In CC you should use ‘number choice’ with a scale fo 1 to 7 for the pre-determined questions.
If you want a response in the form of a number, you can choose from these Item Types.
• The Number Input type allows your participant to type in a number on their own.
• The Number Slider allows the participant to choose a number by sliding their pointer along the number line.
• The Number Dropdown allows the participant to select a number from the given dropdown list.
• The Number Choice allows the participant to choose a number from a display of numbers.
If you want a response in the form of a word, sentence, or characters, you can choose these Item Types
• The Single Line Input allows the participant to input one line of text.
• The Multi-Line Input allows for multiple lines of text
• The Dropdown type allows the participant to select an option from the given dropdown list.
• The Multiple-Choice type allows the participant to choose from a list and they are allowed to choose more than one option.
The Statement type is useful when you want to provide information to your participant. This type simply shows your participant a statement, and they can only click a button to continue.
The Yes/No Item Type will provide your participant with two buttons to click. They default to Yes & No, but you may change the button labels.
The Likert Scale is a scale that ranges opinions from one extreme to the other. Typically, there is also a neutral option. This offers more detailed opinion as opposed to just Yes or No.
The Camera Image Item Type is used when you want your Participant to submit their response in a form of a Picture uploaded to the app.
The Emotion Quadrant is used when you want to ask your participant to assess how they are feeling on an emotional quadrant image. You may upload your image here and have them click on the image, which is then stored as an (x, y) number.
Finally, the Orbit option allows you to create a concentric circle image which can be used visualize different concepts that ‘orbit’ around the Participant.
This data is stored by the length of the line and the ‘warmth’ value of the item, which ranges from 1 to 11.