Before you can create items, you should have created the module in which the items are created.
To create an item go to the modules page, open your module and go to content items. Select the item type you want to create. This will open a preview screen in which you can fill in the details for this item on the left. On the right you can see how the item will look like for participants.
Click on save.
There are many different Item Types you can choose from.
If you want a response in the form of a number, you can choose from these Item Types:
• Number Input: allows your participant to type in a number on their own.
• Number Slider: allows the participant to choose a number by sliding their pointer along the number line.
• Number Dropdown: allows the participant to select a number from the given dropdown list.
• Number Choice: allows the participant to choose a number from a display of numbers.
If you want a response in the form of a word, sentence, or characters, you can choose these Item Types:
• Single Line Input: allows the participant to input one line of text.
• Multi-Line Input: allows for multiple lines of text
• Dropdown: allows the participant to select an option from the given dropdown list.
• Yes/No: provides your participant with two buttons to click. The default is Yes and No, but you may change the button labels.
• Multiple-Choice: allows the participant to choose from a list and they are allowed to choose more than one option.
If you want a response that is more specialized to your study, you can choose these Item Types:
• Statement: useful when you want to provide information to your participant. This type simply shows your participant a statement, and they can only click a button to continue.
• Video/audio: enables the participants to see a video or hear an audio. The maximum size of the video or audio that you attach is 3MB.
• Graph: enables the participants to see their data over time. The label name for the y-axis and x-axis values can be changed.
• Likert Scale: a scale that ranges opinions from one extreme to the other. Typically, there is also a neutral option. This offers more detailed opinion as opposed to just Yes or No.
• Camera Image: enables your Participant to submit their response in a form of a picture uploaded on the app.
• Emotion Quadrant: enables your participant to assess how they are feeling on an emotional quadrant image. You may upload your image here and have them click on the image, which is then stored as an (x, y) number.
• Orbit: allows you to create a concentric circle image which helps you visualize different concepts that ‘orbit’ around the participant and is stored by the length of the line and the ‘warmth’ value of the item, which ranges from 1 to 10.
• Network item: allows the participants to add a label identifying the item, indicate the warmth of the item, and then place it on one of the lines within the concentric circle image as a response. This also ranges from 1 to 10.
• Audio Recording: enables the participants to record an audio as a response on the app.