Location: Cubicus, room B205
How to reserve?: follow the steps from How to reserve lap space?
Ideal for: VR and motion capture experiments
Get the key from: CU B204
Our test environment and development room is equipped with 3 powerful workstations and virtual reality sets. It is our main location testing sensors, analyse our data and experiment with new VR techniques. All windowed glass is frosted, so perfect for experiments. The workstations include Xsens MVN software, Adobe CC, Tobii pro, Oculus, Steam, Unity and much more.
Protocol ManouVR #
- When in the room there are two ground rules you must abide:
- Keep the room clean! Eat in the student lounge or down in the mess hall.
- Keep silent in the room! This is not only for your own research but also for the other research taking place in the rooms next door.
- When using Informed Consent forms, make sure you guarantee your participants’ anonymity, so do not leave the forms behind.
- Don’t move the equipment.
- In case of questions or problems, report these to the BMS Lab Room B204 or Room C243A.
- Don’t overheat the room during winter.
- Close windows and turn off light when finished.
- Bring the key back to B204.
- Keys cannot leave the building. If you want to use the facilities outside office hours, indicate this in your reservation. Make sure you are informed about the procedures regarding access of the building outside office hours.
- You can make use of the PC and equipment you reserved. You are not allowed to use equipment you have not reserved.
- The PCs are not clean installed after every research, so take care of your data during/after your research.
- It is obligatory to copy your data after every day of data gathering onto the T4P data server.
- After the research, delete any sensitive data from the PC.
- Let us know through the equipment reservation forms what hardware you want to use. This way we can make sure all the necessary software is there for you.
Participants can be noisy in the hallway when waiting to participate in an experiment. For this reason, participants have to wait downstairs in the mess hall or in the student lounge on the first floor of the Cubicus.