The BMS LAB has a faculty license for the AmberScript speech 2 text audio transcription software suite. Amberscript can provide timestamped transcription for up to 6 speakers from both audio and video files. Transcriptions can be made for 29 languages. For more info check https://www.amberscript.com or https://www2.amberscript.com/nl/faq. As a student, staff member or researchers affiliated with the BMS faculty, you can make use of Amberscript. To do so, follow the step-by-step guide below.
To start using Amberscript:
- Ensure that you meet the stated requirements:
- You need to be currently affiliated to the University of Twente’s BMS faculty as either a student or employee.
- Use the form below to inform the BMS lab of your project number (if applicable), name, student number, student e-mail and short (max. 100 words) description of your Amberscript needs (minutes of recording, type of recording etc.).
- We will invite you to make an Amberscript account. You will receive an e-mail about this. Follow the process described in there.
- Once activated and logged in, you will have 30 minutes of transcription time.
- To get more transcription time, you have to wait for us to assign the additional minutes to you.
- NOTE: This process can take a couple of working days.
- We will assign a maximum of 10 hours per study per month of transcription time. Need more? Contact the BMS Lab.
Data storage and processing by Amberscipt
Your audio or transcripts are safely secured at AmberScript, datafiles are not sold or accessible for AmberScript employees, third persons or companies. BMSLAB has signed a Non Disclosure Agreement and a Data Processing Agreement with AmberScript ensuring the safety of your work
We also have recording equipment for high-quality audio recording, like field recorders, ZOOM, microphones and clip-on sets. These can also be reserved with BMS LAB ( https://bmslab.utwente.nl/get-started/ step 2)).
Questions when using Amberscript? Use the built-in chat service of Ambersript.
This tool can work with files containing max 2 hours of audio or max 1 GB.
After uploading an audio file you might see that processing shows 0% , please be patient, it might take some time (up to 1 hour or longer) to create the transcription file.