Time based rule interventions
By default all the modules in an intervention are open for the participant. With time rules you can change and time when participants are able to open a module. There are 6 different timing rules.
Adding time rules
The time rules can be found by clicking left on interventions, open an intervention, this will show all the modules in the interventions on the right. Click on modules and lastly on the alarm clock to open the time rules. This will show all the possible time rules.
The possible time rules:
- ‘On a Relative Time after Intervention has Started’. This option will enable this module after a certain amount of time has passed since the Participant has started the Intervention. You will need to fill in the time settings for when you want the module to begin after the intervention has started.
- ‘On a Relative Time after a Module has finished’. This option will enable this module after a certain amount of time has passed AFTER the Participant has completed a different module. You will fill in the time settings and choose which module you want have trigger this module.
- ‘When a module hasn’t been finished’. This option will only enable the module if the module you choose here has NOT been finished.
- ‘Based on an answer in a module item’. This option will enable the module when an item answer on a different module is given. Select the module. Select the module Item. Select if you want the answer to be equal or NOT equal to, and then finally select the answer.
- ‘On a fixed date’. This option will enable the module on a specified date and time.
- ‘Based on a calculated variable’. This option will enable the module based on a calculated variable that you have set up. Click on the calculated variable. Select the equal or not equal qualifier, and select the value. Please see the Calculated Variables video for more information on setting up calculated variables
! Check calculating variables to see how you can calculate a variable.