Step 1. Edit Subscription page
1. On the left menu, click on the tab called “Subscription”
2. On the general page you can:
2a. Edit the subscription title page (visible to the participants
2b. Edit the start and end subscription phase, and;
2c. Find the URL where participants can register for your study.
3. On the informative pages you can create pages for ethical information or additional instructions.
3a. Click on the “create the first page” button
3b. Fill in the details
3c. To convert it to/make a thank you note tick the box next to the “This is thank you page”
4. On the screening questions page you can add initial screening questions to obtain initial information from your participants which you can use to assign them to the appropriate intervention.
4a. Select the type of questions you would like to include
4b. Fill in the details
Note: For more information about the item types see https://bmslab.utwente.nl/creating-items/
Step 2. Create a study start and/or rejection email for participants
- On the left menu, click on the tab called “E-mails”
Note: The emails page will allow you to draft template emails for your participants either when the study starts or if they are rejected from the study.
- Fill in the study start and/or rejected e-mail.
Note: The study start e-mail will be sent to your participant once you have assigned them to an intervention. While the rejection e-mail will be sent immediately after your prospective participant has been rejected to take part in your study.
- Click on the “save” button
The email is sent by the BMSLab email account, yet the participant will see it as if the e-mail had been sent by the researcher who created the study. This will allow the participant to reply to the researcher.
Step 3. Enable participant to subscribe to your study
- Participant subscribes through the shared subscription/enrollment URL
Note: In this step, existing users can sign in while new users can create an account by filling in their details.
- Participant downloads the TIIM application on their Android or IOS smartphone
- Participant logins with their account on the TIIM application
For more information check the video below.
Assign or Reject a Participant
Step 4. Check participant details, and assign or reject participant
- On the left menu, click on the tab called “participants”
Note: The participant’s page displays a list of registered participants.
- Click on an individual participant
- On the Participant Details page, you can select to assign the participant to a particular Intervention or reject the prospective participant.
Note: If assigned to an intervention, you can let the participant start when the intervention starts or on custom date and time.
- On the Screening page, you can see the participant’s answer to the screening questions when they were subscribing to your study.
- On the Send Notification page, you can send specific push notifications to your participant’s smartphone. The push notification can work as a reminder, and to actively call for action to your participant.
Note: the participant needs to have the TIIM application installed on their smartphone, logged in on their account, and the push notifications enabled in the TIIM application settings.