By default, all the modules in an intervention are open for the participant. With time rules you can change and time when participants are able to open a module. To change this you can adjust the timing rules.
Setting up Timing Rules
- On the left menu, click on the tab named “Interventions”
- Open an intervention
- On the right side of the screen, click on “Modules”
- Click on the alarm clock symbol next to the module you want to time
- Click on the “Enable Timing Rules” button
- You can choose from 6 timing rules (see the Timing Rules Explained section)
Note 1: If you want to add multiple timing rules together, click on “Add Rule” each time you add one rule
Note 2: If you want to add multiple timing rules separately, click on “Add Timing Rule” each time you add one rule
- Once you have finished adding all the timing rules, click on the “Save” button
Timing Rules Explained
- “On a relative time after intervention has started”. This option will enable this module after a certain amount of time has passed since the Participant has started the Intervention. You will need to fill in the time settings for when you want the module to begin after the intervention has started.
- “On a relative time after a module has finished”. This option will enable this module after a certain amount of time has passed AFTER the Participant has completed a different module. You will fill in the time settings and choose which module you want have trigger this module.
- “When a module hasn’t been finished“. This option will only enable the module if the module you choose here has NOT been finished.
- “Based on an answer in a module item”. This option will enable the module when an item answer on a different module is given. Select the module. Select the module Item. Select if you want the answer to be equal or NOT equal to, and then finally select the answer.
- “On a fixed date“. This option will enable the module on a specified date and time.
- “Based on a calculated variable“. This option will enable the module based on a calculated variable that you have created. Click on the calculated variable. Select the equal or not equal qualifier, and select the value. For more information on creating calculated variables see: https://bmslab.utwente.nl/calculated-variables/